Kent Foot & Ankle Clinic GDPR 2018 Privacy Notice
Information We Collect
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from our business you will normally provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, medical information and payment information. We will store your information on an electronic patient record and diary system which is fully password protected. This data is always held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment, although for data storage purposes it may be handled by pre-vetted staff who have all signed an integrity and confidentiality agreement.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support, remind you of future appointments, annual assessments, provide reports or other information concerning your treatment;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
- When you contact us, we may use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you which the clinic believes may be of interest to you.
- In making initial contact with the clinic you consent to us maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services.
- We do not broker your data and you can ask to be removed from our marketing database by emailing or phoning the clinic using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- Some basic personal data may be collected about you from the marketing forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
For the purposes of promoting healthcare including offers and advice the clinic would also like to stay in touch with you, with information that may be of interest to you. This may include promotions, product offers, advice and tips, seasonal and birthday promotions, general information, newsletters, health awareness and well-being. If you are happy for us to do this please indicate in what forms you would like to receive this information:
Mail Email Text Phone Newsletter Social Media Other(Please State)
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our patients/customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent we will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Service providers. We engage with certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as external reception services, orthotic laboratories for bespoke orthotic manufacture, gait analysis software system and health insurers. We will share your personal information with these third parties.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws. we may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we are legally required to.
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. We do not store personal data outside the EEA.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Us
For purposes of the GDPR, I, (Jay Lall), am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via email: email@example.com.